We believe that when medical providers receive information, education and training about oral health, and work in a collaborative environment, more children will receive preventive oral health services and have a dental home.
The Coalition partners with higher education institutions across Virginia to integrate oral health curriculum into existing course work at schools of medicine, nursing, pharmacy and physician assistant training.
As part of this initiative, the Coalition:
- Connects schools with the Smiles for Life oral health curriculum for training.
- Brings educators together to share resources and best practices about oral health education.
- Supports interprofessional educational opportunities that include dental professionals.
- Collects data from these programs to enhance future training opportunities and evaluate their impact.
Smiles for Life offers the only comprehensive oral health training curriculum for caregivers. Health providers can learn through online course work, downloadable modules or in-person training, which our experts can provide.
It's easy, convenient, free, and counts toward your continuing education credits.
The Smiles for Life curriculum has been endorsed by:
- The American Academy of Family Physicians
- The American Academy of Physician Assistants
- The American Dental Association
- The American College of Nurse-Midwives
- The American Academy of Pediatrics
Contact Lauren Gray for more information.