Save the date! Thursday, November 8, 2018
The 2018 Virginia Oral Health Summit is Thursday, November 8 in Richmond. We're thrilled to welcome Dr. Camara Jones, health equity scholar and physician, as our keynote speaker, and motivational interviewing expert Dr. Matt Allen as a featured presenter.
Sign up for our email list to receive registration info in late summer.
Interested in sponsoring the Summit or setting up an exhibit?
Contact Samantha Dorr.
Dr. Camara Jones
Our annual Virginia Oral Health Summit brings people together to find innovative ways to improve oral health throughout Virginia. Over 1,000 stakeholders from dentistry, academia, medicine, business and philanthropy have shared ideas and learned the latest on dental health care trends.
View slides and hear presentations from prior Virginia Oral Health Summits:
- 2017: Nature and Nurture: Recognizing Social Determinants of Health in Oral Health Care
- 2016: Oral Health IS Health: Breaking through Barriers and Influencing Change
- 2015: Achievable Wellness: Engaging Communities and Clinicians for Better Health
- 2014: Caring for the Whole Person: Oral Health in Patient-Centered Care
- 2013: The Future of Oral Health Care Delivery
- 2012: Beyond Teeth: The Integral Relationship between Oral Health and Overall Health
- 2011: Bridging the Gap: From Policy to Practice
Highlights from past years include:
- Trauma Informed Care and the Oral Health Community (2017)
- Beyond Health Care (2017)
- The Virginia Oral Health Report Card: An Introduction (2016)
- Leadership for Today: Being an Agent of Change Amidst the Challenges (2016)
- Contextualization of Social Determinants of Health (2015)
- Integration of Care between Medical and Oral Health Disciplines (2014)
- Engaging Patients for Better Health (2014)
- Integrating Dental Health into Primary Care (2013)
- Oral Disease and Medical Conditions: What is Our Role Today? (2012)
- Discovering the Gap Between Patient Knowledge and Provider Assumptions (2011)