The Clinical Advisory Board (CAB) is responsible for providing expert guidance and collaboration as VaOHC implements strategies to improve access to and utilization of oral health services by integrating oral health services, education and referrals into all aspects of health care. The CAB also serves as a liaison between VaOHC and the provider community.
Clinical Advisory Board Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as a clinical resource to VaOHC staff and board of directors to shape practice integration guidelines, referral protocols and strategies to support integration.
- Share information about oral health integration opportunities and VaOHC activities with colleagues, and relay relevant information regarding clinical practice issues and care delivery models to VaOHC staff and board of directors.
- Attend one Clinical Advisory Board meeting annually.
- Communicate via email and phone with staff, board members and other advisory members as needed.
- Participate as a faculty presenter at professional development opportunities and community speaking engagements, based on schedule and availability.
VaOHC’s Guiding Principles
- Virginians know that good oral health is essential to overall health.
- The prevalence of dental disease is reduced in Virginia through prevention activities and early diagnosis and treatment.
- Medical and dental providers and educators understand the links between oral health and overall health and work to ensure Virginians receive comprehensive care.
- Virginians have access to quality, affordable, and comprehensive dental insurance coverage.
- The oral health workforce in Virginia adequately meets the needs of its citizens by working to the full extent of their education and training.
- One in-person meeting per year.
- Email and phone communication throughout the year, as needed.