The Virginia Oral Health Coalition (the “Coalition”) seeks a motivated new team member to serve as the Office and Program Coordinator. This position will assist staff with daily office operations, program coordination, grant reporting, and other Coalition events and activities. This is a full-time position.
The Coalition is a committed group of individuals and organizations working to ensure all Virginians have access to affordable, comprehensive health care that includes oral health. The Coalition’s small staff needs a dedicated and sharp new team member who can support the office and programmatic activities in our fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and detail-oriented with great communication skills, and have a vested interest in improving the health of underserved Virginians.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies
- Record financial transactions
- Manage the staff calendar
- Respond to general inquiries by phone or email
- Draft and format professional letters
- Assist with board meeting and event preparation
- Assist with annual tax review and reporting procedures
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail, including large-volume mailings
- Schedule board and committee meetings
- Send donor acknowledgements
- Maintain catalog of resources
- Provide administrative support to the executive director and staff, as needed
- Schedule work group meetings and track membership, attendance
- Assist with grant and program tracking, evaluation, and reporting
- Communicate with work group members and external stakeholders via phone, email, and letter
- Contribute to discussions on strategic planning and program design
- Assist with office programs and events, as needed (about 5 per year)
Successful candidates will have:
- Five plus years’ experience in an office setting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to draft form letters
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- A friendly demeanor, a sense of humor, and the ability to work well with others
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including the ability to do mail merges
- Experience working with nonprofits and with Microsoft Access and Constant Contact a plus
Benefits: The Coalition offers generous vacation and sick leave, as well as a Simple IRA with employer match after 12 months of employment. The Coalition is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants: Email your resume, cover letter, and a list of three references to sdorr [at] vaoralhealth [dot] org with “Office and Program Coordinator” in the subject line by January 19, 2018. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. No phone calls, please.