We're Hiring - Development Director, Full Time
The Virginia Oral Health Coalition strives to ensure equitable access to comprehensive health care that includes oral health and supports population health. The Coalition seeks a self-motivated Development Director to oversee the organization’s fundraising initiatives, including individual and corporate giving, grant writing and reporting, and events management. Funding will support the Coalition’s existing programs and provide strategic vision to grow and expand our impact on the health and well-being of Virginians. The position will report directly to the CEO and work collaboratively with Coalition staff and leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and implement a long-range revenue development plan, working with the CEO, key staff, the development committee, and the Coalition Board.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations, including:
- Grants: Develop and manage grant fundraising processes and calendar, including identification, writing (working with CEO and key staff), and reporting
- Corporate Sponsorship: Oversee the identification, research, cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgment, and stewardship of corporate donors and sponsors
- Individual Giving: Manage individual giving program
- Oversee organization, implementation, and execution of events, including annual Virginia Oral Health Summit
- Track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Requires occasional evenings, weekends, and travel throughout the state
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and at least five years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising
- Demonstrated excellence with organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Demonstrated success planning and executing events
- Demonstrated success in grant writing
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively and experience working in team environments
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, manage competing priorities, and advance multiple projects
- Self-motivated and comfortable meeting people and soliciting gifts
- Sense of humor and desire to work in, and contribute to, a drama-free environment
- Commitment to the mission and work of the Virginia Oral Health Coalition
Salary Range: $55,000 – $60,000, based on qualifications
- This is a full-time position. The Coalition provides vacation, sick, and paid parental leave, premium assistance for medical, dental, and life insurance (after 60 days), and a Simple IRA with employer match after 12 months of employment. The Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, résumé, two writing samples, and a sample of collateral material (or other relevant material) related to a special event you planned to email@example.com with the subject line “Development Director Application.” Application deadline is Tuesday, February 19. No phone calls, please. Incomplete applications will not be considered. All applications will be treated confidentially.