Virginia Oral Health Report Card
Coalition staff and partners developed the Virginia Oral Health Report Card in 2016 to measure our collective efforts and show how we compare to other states and the nation on oral health.
As a result, Virginia earned a C+ grade across nine measures of oral health status, coverage, collaboration, prevention, and utilization of services. The Report Card also highlighted significant inequities by race/ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and age group, and gaps in oral health information at the state and local levels. To address these gaps, we created Regional Oral Health Alliances that spark community-led activities, measures, and benchmarks, and improve performance from the ground up.
The Report Card joins the Virginia Oral Health Plan, which was created in 2010 and updated in 2015, as a roadmap for improving oral health in the commonwealth. Download the Report Card, its Companion Narrative, and Methodology to learn more about the state of oral health in Virginia.
Additional Virginia-Specific Data
- State Oral Health Profile (CDC)
- State Health Facts: Virginia (Kaiser Family Foundation)
- State Fact Sheet: Children's Dental Health (PEW)
- County Health Rankings and Roadmaps (RWJF)
- Health Care Research (The Commonwealth Institute)
- A.L.I.C.E.: Study of Financial Hardship (United Way of Virginia)
- Data Tables: PRAMS – Dental Care During Pregnancy in VA (VDH)