The Northern Virginia Regional Oral Health Alliance works to improve the oral health of Northern Virginia residents by:
- Cultivating engaged and informed patients and providers; and
- Breaking down barriers to oral health care accessibility and affordability.
- Public awareness: Increase public awareness and engagement around the issue of oral health and health equity in the NOVA region.
- Pediatrics: Increase dental home referrals and oral health integration practices by pediatric medical providers for young children and increase follow-up care from initial dental visits for young children.
- Older adults: Identify and address the clinical and non-clinical barriers to delivering dental care to older adults residing in community settings and in long-term care facilities; implement collaborative partnerships to improve access to care for older adults; and, increase awareness among service providers for the older adult population of available dental resources and gaps in resources.
See how the Northern Virginia Regional Oral Health Alliance is working towards its goals through the 2018-2019 Work Plan.
Miss a meeting?
- Children's Oral Health Workgroup
- Adult's Oral Health Workgroup
Regional Alliance Member Organizations
- Alexandria City Public Schools
- Anthem HealthKeeper's Plus
- Arlington Free Clinic
- Committee on Aging
- Fairfax County Department of Family Services
- Fairfax County Health Department
- Fairfax County Health Department - WIC Program
- Fairfax County Neighborhood & Community Services
- Fairfax County Office of children Head Start
- Fairfax County Public Schools
- Fairfax County Public Schools - Head Start Program
- Freedom Family Dentistry
- Greater Mount Vernon Community Head Start
- Higher Horizons Head Start and Early Head Start
- Jon C Burr Foundation
- Marymount University
- MCCP Foundation
- Medical Care for Children Partnership Foundation
- Northern Virginia Community College
- Northern Virginia Dental Clinic
- Northern Virginia Family Service
- Northern Virginia Health Foundation
- Partnership for a Healthier Alexandria
- Pediatric Dentistry of Burke, PC
- Prosperity Primary Care
- The Fenwick Foundation
- Virginia Department of Health
- Youth Empowered Solutions
Questions? Contact Lauren Gray to learn more about the Northern Virginia Regional Oral Health Alliance.