The South Hampton Roads Regional Oral Health Alliance is committed to improving oral health for community members through:
- Advocacy and engagement of local and state decision-makers to impact access to oral health coverage, care delivery, and other relevant policies;
- Adoption of systemic approaches to address the social determinants of oral health and overall health, including economic stability, the neighborhood, and built environment, health and health care, social and community context, and education; and,
- Engagement of “non-traditional” partners outside of the healthcare and human services sectors.
- Safety net collaboration: Increase the number of uninsured/under-insured adults with an established dental home by improving collaboration among free and low-cost dental providers.
- Pregnant women and children under age 5: Increase pregnant women’s rate of dental visits and the number of children receiving fluoride varnish through parent education and medical/dental provider outreach.
- Older adults: Increase older adults’ rate of annual dental visits by gathering data on the sites where they congregate, coordinating existing services, and exploring options for group transportation.
See how the South Hampton Roads Regional Oral Health Alliance is working towards its goals through the 2018-2019 Work Plan.
Miss a meeting?
- Dental Safety Net Workgroup
- VaOHC is also partnering with established local coalitions such as Minus 9 to 5 and the Hampton Roads Community Foundation’s Aging Adults Affinity Group to address oral health for the populations they serve.
Regional Alliance Member Organizations
- Access Partners
- Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia
- Chesapeake Care
- CHIP of South Hampton Roads
- Eastern Virginia Medical School - Old Dominion University
- Hampton Roads Community Foundation
- Hampton Roads Community Health Center
- Obici Healthcare Foundation
- Old Dominion University
- Old Dominion University - School of Dental Hygiene
- Park Place Dental Clinic
- Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia
- Southeastern Virginia Health System
- The Planning Council
- United Way of South Hampton Roads
Questions? Contact Lauren Gray to learn more about the South Hampton Roads Regional Oral Health Alliance.